[parsec-users] speedup of bodytrack

Huan Fang huanf at kth.se
Mon Jun 16 10:48:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

 From the parsec-report.pdf, I found the achievable speedup of bodytrack
is quite different than what I get. I measured it in Simics with
n*UltraSPARCIII processor at 1GHZ, 4GBytes Memory. The speedup of
bodytrack using simlarge is around 3 on 4processors and 6 on 16processors.

As said in the report "Figure 1 show the maximum achievable speedup
measured that way." and "We neglect any delays due to blocking on
contended locks and load imbalance." Could you explain more on that and
is there any way we could quantify the amount of lock-blocking or load
imbalance?

Best Regards,
Huan Fang