[parsec-users] Problems faced with facesim , ferret and vips PARSEC Benchmark

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 06:32:06 EDT 2008

2008/6/17 Deepali Muddebihal <deepali_um at yahoo.co.in>:
> 3. In vips , being displayed is " vips: error calling function
>                                              im_open: "barbados_256x" is not
> readable"
> The inputs given to test the programs I think it is in little endian format
> and this maybe the cause of the failure and UNIX reads in big endian format.

vips at least will byte-swap automatically. It sounds like the
filename has become scrambled (shouldn't it be barbados_256x256.v, or
something like that?). Perhaps there is a problem with the shell?

If you can run vips standalone, it's very easy to test. Try:

  vips im_jpeg2vips some_test_jpeg_you_have.jpg test.v
  vips im_invert test.v test2.v

This will create a vips file and try to run invert (photographic
negative) on it. If that works, your vips should be OK.

John