[parsec-users] sub-linear scaling

Major B mbb45 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 20 22:08:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

I find several PARSEC benchmarks to scale sub-linearly on quadcore
machines (AMD Quadcore Phenoms and Intel Quadcore Q6600) using native
input sets.
I'm running with several GBs of DDR2-800 RAM off the local hard drive. I
tried over NFS but that only gave worse results.

Has anyone else encountered this or found all benchmarks scale at least
linearly to four threads? I noticed the technical report did not use
native inputs. Are there any other sources that have?

Thanks!

-Major