[parsec-users] vips and fluidanimate on Solaris/SPARC

Kshitij Sudan kshitij at cs.utah.edu
Mon Jun 30 23:06:28 EDT 2008

I tried porting some of these applications for big-endian architecture
but did not make much headway since porting floating point inputs that
the application was reading from file turned out to be non-trivial.

The error mentioned here for fluidanimate arises when it reads a
floating point value. I had tracked this down when I was working and
more details about it can be found in my email to this mailing list.

On a different note, I also tried debugging canneal and the associated
bus error, but was unable to pinpoint what exactly was causing the
incorrect atomic swap function to be called. I even tried removing the
64-bit version of the function that was called but it did not work
either. There's something else going on there.

It appears at the outset that these problems are trivial and easily
fixable, but I can pretty much claim from experience that it's not the
case!

best,
-Kshitij