[parsec-users] Simulation metrics

Mon Mar 10 21:41:21 EDT 2008

Hi Huan,

Yes, unless your simulator is very fast and lightweight the native inputs are
too large. On a real machine with 1 CPU the execution times are about as
follows:

* native: 15 minutes
* simlarge: 15 seconds
* simmedium: 5 seconds
* simsmall: 1 second

If your simulator is very slow even simlarge might be too big. You should
measure the slowdown of your simulator and compute an estimate before you
start any serious simulations so you know what to expect.

- Chris