[parsec-users] Error while compiling VIPS package

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 15:59:14 EDT 2008

On 23/03/2008, Christian Bienia <cbienia at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:
>  If you can't find the error and your system has a preinstalled version of glib
>  you can also try using that one. Simply go edit the build configuration file

Hi, I'm the vips maintainer.

The g_option*() symbols are part of glib's command-line option parser,
and were added in glib 2.6 (released in 2004). Some systems are still
using glib 2.4 (Solaris for one, I think).

http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-Commandline-option-parser.html#g-option-context-new

It sounds like the build process is picking up your system glib rather
than the PARSEC one. vips uses pkg-config to find glib, so one more
thing you could try is adding the PARSEC glib area to PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
Something like (untested):

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${PARSECDIR}/pkgs/libs/glib/inst/${PARSECPLAT}/lib:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Though maybe parsec is doing this internally?

John