[parsec-users] Error while compiling VIPS package

Chetan Kale chetan_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 16:28:32 EDT 2008

Hello,

I tried the suggestions listed but they didn't work.

I'm not a very regular user of Linux, so forgive me if this sounds a little too simplistic -

Chetan

Christian Bienia <cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU> wrote: Hi John,

Thank you for your comments. That is insightful. PARSEC is already modifying
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable, but it is only appending the path to the PARSEC
version of glib:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH="${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}:${PARSECDIR}/pkgs/libs/glib/inst/${PARSECPLAT}/lib/pkgconfig:${PARSECDIR}/pkgs
/libs/libxml2/inst/${PARSECPLAT}/lib/pkgconfig"

It seems that an entry for the system's glib already exists which is taken by
pkgconfig instead of the one provided by PARSEC.

Chetan, can you edit gcc.bldconf so that the PARSEC paths appear first? Let's
see whether this fixes the problem.

- Chris