[parsec-users] problems with facesim and Vips benchmark

Tue Mar 25 22:18:37 EDT 2008

Hi Manish,

> 1. Vips uses a format "*.v" for reading an input image, what application i
> can open this image in?

That's the file format of vips. I don't know of any other programs which
support it. You can use vips to convert other images e.g. in jpeg format to
its .v format and back. You can find the vips documentation here:
http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk

> 2. In the facesim benchmark documentation, it says that it uses
> Advance_one_time_step_quasistatic.facesim, but there is no function defined
> like that anywhere in the benchmark? there was similar
> Advance_To_Target_Time .... are these the same...

Which documentation are you refering to? Both the README and the source code
refer to Advance_To_Target_Time. That's the one you probably want to look at.