[parsec-users] problems with facesim and Vips benchmark

Tue Mar 25 23:18:09 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 09:18 pm, Christian Bienia wrote:
> Hi Manish,
>
> > 1. Vips uses a format "*.v" for reading an input image, what application
> > i can open this image in?
>
> That's the file format of vips. I don't know of any other programs which
> support it. You can use vips to convert other images e.g. in jpeg format to
> its .v format and back. You can find the vips documentation here:
> http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk

I can give you the script which I used to create the PARSEC inputs. You must
compile it with support for the input file format enabled (e.g. jpeg). By
default PARSEC disables everything that is not needed to run the benchmark.

Here is the script:

----------

#!/bin/bash

PARSECDIR="/home/cbienia/parsec"
PARSECPLAT="x86_64-linux.gcc"

VIPS="${PARSECDIR}/pkgs/apps/vips/inst/${PARSECPLAT}/bin/vips"
export IM_CONCURRENCY=1

echo "Using ${VIPS}"

for file in $@; do
  rm -f t1.v t2.v