[parsec-users] bodytrack with openMP

Tue May 6 17:19:20 EDT 2008

Hello Huan,

I remember that the build system didn't support building the program in the
source directory. This is no problem for parsecmgmt because it always uses
another directory, but if you build the code manually you have to be in a
different directory when you invoke configure. So don't do "./configure".
Instead, do something like the following:

mkdir temp
cd temp
${PARSECDIR}/pkgs/apps/bodytrack/src/configure [ARGS]
make
make install

Could you try it again? Does the error only occur if you try to build the
OpenMP version or does it also affect the pthreads version?

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Huan Fang
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 7:03 PM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] bodytrack with openMP

Hi Chris,

I configured bodytrack in the src directory ./configure --enable-openmp
and then make it, the error remain the same. It works fine with
--enable-pthread.
p.s. I use gcc/g++ 4.2.3 which should support OpenMP.

Regards,
Huan
> Hi Huan,
>
> The last time I tried the OpenMP version of bodytrack it worked fine. It
> seems your compiler doesn't support certain flags. Try compiling bodytrack
> without parsecmgmt and the most recent version of gcc and see what
happens.

> You can select which parallelization to use at the command line when you
run
> bodytrack. To run it with OpenMP via parsecmgmt you have to modify the
> .runconf files in the parsec/ directory so it selects OpenMP by default.
> Look at the main function of bodytrack to see how to do that.
>
> -Chris

-I/localdisk/cmp08/parsec-1.0/bin/../pkgs/libs/hooks/inst/i686-linux.gcc-hoo
> ks/include
> -fexceptions -Wno-unknown-pragmas -openmp -Wall -MT FlexImage.lo -MD -MP
> -MF .deps/FlexImage.Tpo -c

/localdisk/cmp08/parsec-1.0/bin/../pkgs/apps/bodytrack/src/FlexImageLib/Flex
> Image.cpp
> -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/FlexImage.o
> cc1plus: .libs/FlexImage.d: No such file or directory
> cc1plus: warning: -fprefetch-loop-arrays not supported for this target
> (try -march switches)
> make[2]: *** [FlexImage.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory

`/localdisk/cmp08/parsec-1.0/pkgs/apps/bodytrack/obj/i686-linux.gcc-hooks/Fl