[parsec-users] Build Config scripts

Fri Oct 3 10:07:59 EDT 2008

Hi Nikolay,

The build configuration files contain Java because we were also evaluating a
few Java workloads for PARSEC, but they didn't make it and so those
variables are unused. Just ignore it.

The icc build configuration specifies 4.1.2 explicitly because I had to pick
something. All gcc installations have the version string in the path for
their headers and 4.1.2 was available on our test system, so I went with
that. Please change it to whatever can be found on your system.

- Chris

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Nikolay
Kurtov
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 5:11 AM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] Build Config scripts

Could someone explain me, please, why do files parsec-1.0/config/*.bldconf
specify Java localtion?
# Java
export JAVA_HOME="/usr"
export JAVAC="${JAVA_HOME}/bin/javac"

And why does parsec-1.0/config/icc.bldconf specify 4.1.2 explicitly ? Why
4.1.2?
GCC_HEADERS="${GCC_HOME}/include/c++/4.1.2"

Nikolay

mailto: nkurtov at gmail.com