[parsec-users] data in the mac layer?

Tue Oct 14 15:00:28 EDT 2008

Hi Cuneyt,

The point is that the PARSEC workloads don't use the network. It's the wrong
benchmark suite if you want to study the network layer.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Cuneyt
Gurcan Akcora
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 3:32 PM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] data in the mac layer?

Christian,

I am not sure if i am in the right group, but this problem is not irrelevant
to parsec. I need to simulate rf transmitters and a sink node that gets
their signals.

Problem is, i have to write a mac protocol, which generates data in the mac
layer and sends to receiver. Normally data is generated in the app level,
headers of each layer are added, than mac encapsulates all this data and
sends it. In my case, i do not know what will upper layers do, if data is
only generated in the mac layer.