[parsec-users] A question about "ferret"

Wed Oct 15 11:11:04 EDT 2008

Hi Dennis,

This error says that the ImageMagick library on your machine does not
support the JPEG format. ImageMagick requires libjpeg to support the JPEG
format. You should probably install libjpeg first and install ImageMagick
from source again, and then try to build the ferret toolkit.

- Chris

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Dennis
Yang
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:06 AM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] A question about "ferret"

Hi

I have successfully build the ferret application, and I want to run this
application on another different machine.

I copy all the files from directory "inst" and simsmall.tar from "inputs".

I also copy all the delegates.xml I can find in the benchmark suite to the
new machine.

However, I still cannot run this application.

The error message is

ferret: NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat `queries/acorn.jpg'.

ferret:
/home/r96/Iris/testdir/parsec-1.0/pkgs/apps/ferret/obj/i486-linux.gcc/image/
image.c:241: image_read_rgb_hsv: Assertion `image != ((void *)0)' failed.

Killed

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks for reading.

Dennis