[parsec-users] Return values

Tue Sep 9 13:24:13 EDT 2008

Hi Nikolay,

I'd expect the same, but we didn't bother to standardize the return values
of the programs. The programs pretty much return whatever they want.

Which workloads are you referring to?

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Nikolay
Kurtov
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 4:55 AM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] Return values

Hello,

I'd been always thinking that on a successul execution an application
returns 0.
Other return values mean something is broken.

What is ideology of PARSEC benchmarks to return 1 on a successul
execution? Is this value used by the environment? Why 1??

And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)
Nikolay

mailto: nkurtov at gmail.com