[parsec-users] Error while untaring

Tue Sep 9 13:30:08 EDT 2008

Hi Bushra,

The input archives of PARSEC are uncompressed tar files, so trying to use
gzip to decompress them will result in an error. By default PARSEC handles
the input archives correctly, so you probably modified its configuration
files or your environment plays weird tricks.

- Chris

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Bushra
Ahsan
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 11:39 AM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: [parsec-users] Error while untaring

Hello all,

While untaring the Parsec, we got the following error.

parsec-1.0/pkgs/kernels/dedup/inputs/input_native.tar

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

Is there any file corrupted and do we have to download again?

Thank you for any help,

Regards,

Bushra Ahsan
PhD Student
Department of Electrical Engineering
City College at City University of New York