[parsec-users] Use blackscholes.simd.c?

Thomas Karcher karcher at ipd.uka.de
Wed Apr 1 03:58:48 EDT 2009

Hi Christian,

> In the case of blackscholes, you can build the SSE version by default if you
> set the environment variable "source" to "simd". A good place to do that
> would be the local build configurations in the parsec/ directory of the
> blackscholes package.

Thank you, done, works!

Unfortunately, during compilation arises an error:

==
g++  -DN=960 -DNCO=2   blackscholes.simd.c   -o blackscholes
In file included from blackscholes.simd.c:16:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include/pmmintrin.h:34:3: error:
#error "SSE3 instruction set not enabled"
blackscholes.simd.c:97: error: ‘_MM_ALIGN16’ does not name a type
[...]
==

It shows up on manual compilation as well as in PARSEC's environment, on
two different machines. Does this look familiar to someone? I didn't
find much to fix this ...

Thanks,
Thomas