[parsec-users] Use blackscholes.simd.c?

Wed Apr 1 04:16:50 EDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

I don't get this error. It's not related to PARSEC, it's an error that is created in the system header files. You might have to switch something on, or your machine simply doesn't support the SSE3 instruction extension. You should have a look at pmmintrin.h to see what exactly the error means.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Thomas Karcher
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 3:59 AM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Use blackscholes.simd.c?

Hi Christian,

> In the case of blackscholes, you can build the SSE version by default if you
> set the environment variable "source" to "simd". A good place to do that
> would be the local build configurations in the parsec/ directory of the
> blackscholes package.

Thank you, done, works!

Unfortunately, during compilation arises an error:

==
g++  -DN=960 -DNCO=2   blackscholes.simd.c   -o blackscholes
In file included from blackscholes.simd.c:16:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include/pmmintrin.h:34:3: error:
#error "SSE3 instruction set not enabled"
blackscholes.simd.c:97: error: ‘_MM_ALIGN16’ does not name a type
[...]
==

It shows up on manual compilation as well as in PARSEC's environment, on
two different machines. Does this look familiar to someone? I didn't
find much to fix this ...

Thanks,
Thomas