[parsec-users] Dedup number of threads

Wed Apr 15 00:56:24 EDT 2009

Either that or you can use the thread affinity functionality that PARSEC
hooks adds to all workloads by default (if enabled). You can then control
the thread-to-cpu mapping with environment variables as described here:

http://parsec.cs.princeton.edu/doc/man/man7/parsec.7.html#lbAH

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of major
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:42 AM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Dedup number of threads

Can you use the taskset command on your system? It comes with most
recent linux distro's.

taskset 0xHEX "command to execute"

Where HEX is the processors you want to bind the process to, so on an
eight core machine, putting F (1111 in binary) would bind the process to
the last 4 cores (cores 0,1,2,3 on your machine).