[parsec-users] Share data of streamcluster

Tue Apr 21 14:34:54 EDT 2009

Hi Dennis,

The streamcluster algorithm just naturally has little data shared between
threads. There is no other particular reason I'm aware of.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Dionysus
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:56 PM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] Share data of streamcluster

Hi~

I am trying to do some research about the share data in applications.
I have read the section about sharing in the technical report of PARSEC.
It mentioned that streamcluster and canneal shows only trivial amount
of sharing.
The following description revealed that the result of canneal is
coming from the small cache capacity,
However, there is no further discussion about the streamcluster.
I am wondering that if the streamcluster do have limited amount of
share data between threads, or there are some other reasons.

Any help would be grateful!

Thanks

Dennis