[parsec-users] Share data of streamcluster

Sun Apr 26 15:20:38 EDT 2009

Hi Dennis,

Fluidanimate divides the space that contains the space into non-overlapping
partitions. Each partition is handled by exactly one thread. Communication
only occurs at the boundaries of the partitions where particles might
interact with each other or travel into neighboring partitions. So as you
can see, the amount of communication scales with the volume (cubic), but
communication only with the surface of the partitions (quadratic). This
means there's not much interaction between threads, and it becomes even less
relative to the amount of communication if you scale up the problem.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Dionysus
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:40 AM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Share data of streamcluster

Thank you so much, Chris!

I got another similar question about the fluidanimate.
The report claimed that fluidanimate shows only trivial amount of
sharing but there are lots of communication between threads.
Does this application still has little data shared?

I have traced the code of fluidanimate.
However, I cannot sure about the exact sharing data amount.

Thanks again

Dennis