[parsec-users] Segmentation fault for Dedup (uncompress)

Rafael Asenjo asenjo at uma.es
Mon Aug 10 06:28:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've been using Parsec 1.0 and 2.0 for a while. I was testing the
uncompress option for Dedup (-u) so as to validate that uncompressing
a file gives you the original one. However I found that calling dedup
with -u produces a segmentation fault. I've tested it in two platforms
(intel Xeon, and Itanium 2), Linux/x86_64 and Linux/Itanium, with SLES
9 and 10, serial and parallel (2 threads), with simtest, simdev and
simlarge, gcc 4.1 and 4.2 and with parsec 1.0 and 2.0.

Using gdb I found that segmentation fault arises when calling
"uncompress" function (from libz), at function Decompress in file
decoder.c. Does someone notice that before. Any help will be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Rafa.
__