[parsec-users] Segmentation fault for Dedup (uncompress)

Rafael Asenjo asenjo at uma.es
Wed Aug 12 07:53:23 EDT 2009

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your prompt answer. I have been using this line (-u -f -
i and -o) to try to uncompress files all the time. I have also tried
to compile with icc, to take the dedup sources out of Parsec
(including the libraries), play with the Makefile to test other
compilation options (-lz, libz.a, rebuild the library, download the
original zlib library from the web, etc), but to no avail. I will have
to spend some more time with a debugger :(

Thank you again,

Rafa.

El 11/08/2009, a las 21:23, Christian Bienia escribió:

> Hi Rafa,
>
> How do you invoke the program? It works fine for me. Here’s how
> you’re supposed to decode a compressed file:
>
>         dedup -u -f -i archive.dat.ddp -o archive.dat
>
> It’s possible that you don’t call the program properly and we didn’t
> catch an undefined state. Could you let me know whether the above
> line works for you?
>
> - Chris

__