[parsec-users] Thread creation in facesim (pthreads)

Vivek Rane vrane at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Aug 12 19:39:27 EDT 2009

I need to obtain the thread IDs of all worker threads in facesim
(built using pthreads). I was browsing through the code and found that
the main loop created one thread less than the number specified
(taskQDistCommon.c in the method taskQInit):

  for ( i = 1; i < numThreads; i++)

Does this mean that the main thread also acts as a worker thread? If
not, where is the missing thread being created? This seems to be
different from the strategy in blackscholes or bodytrack.

  --
  - Vivek