[parsec-users] configuring without yasm

Sun Aug 16 14:58:52 EDT 2009

Hi Vishal,

Here are a few points that might be helpful for you:

1.)    Yasm is only needed if you want to build binaries for an Intel x86
ISA. Are you running OpenSolaris on an Intel CPU?

2.)    X264 has assembly kernel for other ISAs as well, but doesn't need
yasm to build them. You shouldn't disable them because they provide a nice
speed boost.

3.)    PARSEC handles the above two cases with a conditional dependency of
x264 on yasm that only exists on x86 processors. As far as I know that gives
the correct behavior on all architectures, but in your case it might not be
correct. Please let me know if this is the case and how to fix it.

4.)    The error message says "Command not found", which seems to indicate
that a required program is missing. Can you provide some more information?

- Chris