[parsec-users] Cross Compiling Raytrace for Alpha to use in M5

ef snorlaxgb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 20:02:55 EDT 2009

Hello,
I found the  X11 Library, I went ahead and moved it into my Cross Compiler
Include directory, it made things easier for Mesa to locate it. I seem to
have compiled Mesa as well as CMAKE properly. My issue right now (just
encountered) is

/home/ef/Crosscompiler/alphaev67-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/alphaev67-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../alphaev67-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
cannot find -lXmu
 For Ray Trace.

I am not even sure these binaries will work under M5, this is just half the
work :-(.

Below is how I Configured CMAKE (nothing special), their configure script
was rather annoying. I think maybe the tool directory should inherit the
local machines properties, make things run smoother, instead of the
crosscompiler properties since they cannot be ran on the local machine.
_______________________

#!/bin/bash
#
# gcc.bldconf - file containing information necessary to build a specific
#               program of the PARSEC benchmark suite with gcc
#
# Copyright (C) 2008 Princeton University
# Written by Christian Bienia

# Compilation and linking options.
# This is the configuration we'll use to build the program. Each package of
the
# benchmark suite has such a file with information that will be added to the
# global configuration. All variables set in the global configuration files
can
# be referenced here.

# Package dependencies
build_deps=""

# Environment to use for configure script and Makefile
build_env="CXXFLAGS=\"-O3 -fexceptions -I/usr/include \"  CFLAGS=\"-O3
-fexceptions -I/usr/include \" CXX="\/usr/local/bin/g++\"
CC=\"/usr/local/bin/gcc\" MAKE=\"${MAKE}\" LDFLAGS=\"-L/usr/lib
-L/usr/lib64\" "
# Whether the build system supports only in-place compilation.
# If TRUE, then all sources will be copied to the build directory before we
# start building the package. Required for older build systems which don't
# support VPATH.
build_inplace="FALSE"

# Arguments to pass to the configure script, if it exists
build_conf=""