[parsec-users] Errors running Parsec benchmarks in M5

Tue Aug 18 02:04:09 EDT 2009

Hi Ef,

That looks very strange. The first error inside streamcluster happens inside
the pthreads library. I don't think it's a bug in the program. There is
however always the chance that it's some sort of race condition and you just
happen to discover it.

The second bug in fluidanimate happens when the program writes its output to
disk. That's after the ROI has ended. You can check whether the error also
happens if you disable disk output simply by removing the last argument for
fluidanimate in the *.runconf file in the parsec/ directory of the package.
It specifies the output file and if nothing is given then disk output is
disabled. Since it's not part of the ROI it won't affect the characteristics
as long as our guidelines are followed and only the ROI is measured.

If you find out more please let me know. I'm willing to help debugging any
issues that are found in the workloads themselves.

- Chris