[parsec-users] freqmine locks!

Mon Feb 23 10:37:24 EST 2009

Hi Madhavan,

Freqmine has been parallelized with OpenMP, so the details of your
synchronization depend on your OpenMP implementation. Moreover, they don't
show up in the source code because it is all inserted by the compiler at
build time. Depending how your trace program works, it might not consider
that.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of m madhavan
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 10:12 AM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] freqmine locks!

Hi,

I have recently started to work with freqmine application in the Parsec
suite. In the paper "The PARSEC Benchmark Suite: Characterization and
Architectural Implications" on Parsec Workload characterization, it has been
indicated (in table2) that freqmine employs 990025 locks as synchronization
primitives. When I tried to trace the OpenMP application to visualize these
locks I was not able to observe anything in the output trace. Am I
forgetting some detail here.

Thank You in advance.

Madhavan