[parsec-users] compling of dedup

Sarmad George sgeorge at coe.neu.edu
Mon Jan 12 18:54:49 EST 2009

Dont compile using GCC
Use the readme file associated with parsec
Parsec actually was the only open source linux application that did not pain me
"on 2 different OSs"

More Examples

Build 'x264' and 'blackscholes' benchmarks with Intel compilers:

	parsecmgmt -a build -p x264 blackscholes -c icc

Build serial version of all kernels:

	parsecmgmt -a build -p kernels -c gcc-serial

Run a self-test with all applications:

	parsecmgmt -a run -p apps -i test

Use version of 'vips' and all kernels with enabled hooks to measure the
performance on a real machine with 32 threads:

	parsecmgmt -a run -p vips kernels -c gcc-hooks -n 32

Use SimpleScalar simulator to run a simulation with the 'gcc-hooks'
build configuration of the 'freqmine' application with small simulator inputs
and 4 threads:

	parsecmgmt -a run -c gcc-hooks -s sim-outorder -p freqmine \
		-i simsmall -n 4

Use an executable 'qsub' to submit runs with all kernels with 16 threads and
large simulator inputs to a batch system (this requires that a program 'qsub'
is installed and in the path which handles the job submission):

	parsecmgmt -a run -s qsub -p kernels -i simlarge -n 16

Clean up after a build or benchmarking run:

	parsecmgmt -a cleanall -p all

Uninstall 'gcc-serial' build of package 'gsl' and build a new version:

	parsecmgmt -a uninstall -p gsl -c gcc-serial
	parsecmgmt -a build -p gsl -c gcc-serial

Sarmad Edward George
Electrical Computer Eng
Northeastern Uni
Boston MA - USA