[parsec-users] please guide me: some errors for vips and ferret

Tue Jan 13 11:07:10 EST 2009

Hi Fahimeh,

A few points:

1.) It would help if you gave us not only the output of the compiler but
also the exact invocation of the compiler (which files, flags, etc.). Right
now you only show us the error message but not how to reproduce it.

2.) If you build manually you need to define several environment variables.
The PARSEC make and configure files expect to be told which compiler to use
etc. Have a look at the runconfig files which do that for the parsecmgmt
script. If you do that correctly then you should get exactly the same
behavior of the compiler.

3.) It seems you have issues with your libraries. That's what I would focus
on first. It might very well be that the problems are related to the already
existing copy of libxml2. Users have reported problems with a preinstalled,
older version of ImageMagick and vips. Please check the parsec-users archive
to see how to fix that.