[parsec-users] the headers of im_copy.c

fahimeh at ac.upc.edu fahimeh at ac.upc.edu
Thu Jan 15 04:32:10 EST 2009

Quoting Christian Bienia <cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU>:

> Fahimeh,
>
> Those are VIPS-internal symbols. They are defined somewhere in the source
> code of VIPS, not in an external library. If you get errors because these
> symbols cannot be found then you somehow broke the build system of the
> package.
>
> - Chris

Hello Christ,

Thank you for your useful guidance.

About vips, (and also about ferret and facesim packages), when I use
./parsecmgmt -a build -p  vips, a lot of errors are reported. For vips, they
are related to building vips.o (in fact vips.c). These errors say  "multiple
definition of '...'" or "first defined here". So I tried to cd to vips,
configure, make and make install, but there are errors about im_copy.c and
IM_...  .

I could build other packages except these 3 ones by using both parsegmgmt
commands and build the package separately by using make.

Since I must to complete whole benchmark soon, would you please guide me about
these packages. Is any other packages or library must be added in addition the
packages are mentioned in the parsec homepage?

Thank you very much,
best regards,
Fahimeh