[parsec-users] Defining number of threads of freqmine

fahimeh at ac.upc.edu fahimeh at ac.upc.edu
Mon Jan 26 05:11:12 EST 2009

Quoting XiaoGa <xiaoga at gmail.com>:

> Hi, Fahimeh
> I think using strace can determine how many thread created in a muti-thread
> program.
> For example, in parsec root directory /parsec-1.0 run command:
> ./bin/parsecmgmt -s 'strace -ff -i -ttt -T -e trace=clone -o
> ../../../../freqmine_thread' -a run -p freqmine -c gcc-hooks -n 4 -i
> simlarge
>
> This will generate several files named freqmine_thread.xxxx, the xxxx is tid
> of each thread.
> Hope it help!
>
> Best regards!
> Qi Zhang
> University of Science and Technology of China

> > Hello,
> >
> > Thank you,
> > I have read the readme files and parsec tutorial. I learn a lot of thing
> > about
> > parsec, but now one of my questions is remained unanswered: how I can
> > determine
> > the number of threads of freqmine during execution?
> >
> > For example, when I use inscount2_mt.so for it, always the number of thread
> > is
> > reported 1, even if it was build with -n 2 (or more). Please guide me.
> >
> > Your help would be highly appreciated.
> >
> > best regards,
> > Fahimeh

Hello Qi Zhang,

Thank you for your guidance.
I done it, 4 freqmine_thread.* file were created but 2 of them are empty!

My problems is how I can define the number of threads of this package when this
program is used by a pintool or run independently (not with parsecmgmt).

for example, when this command is used for counting instructions of each thread,
" ./pin -mt -t  inscount2_mt.so --
./freqmine/inst/i486-linux.gcc-hooks/bin/freqmine T10I4D100K_3.dat 1 " , every
time the number of thread are reported 1 ! Even if it was build with n>1 , gcc
or gcc-hook.

Thank you very much,
Best regards,
Fahimeh