[parsec-users] Defining number of threads of freqmine

Tue Jan 27 00:08:58 EST 2009

Fahimeh,

Freqmine is an OpenMP program. You can define the number of threads by
setting the environment variable OMP_NUM_THREADS to the desired number. Some
more information about OpenMP:

http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/openmp.html

Also, notice that you can tell parsecmgmt to run the PARSEC workloads via
pin. You need to specify the pin binary and arguments with the -s argument
like Qi Zhang did with strace. So the argument would be something like that:

Parsecmgmt -a run -s './pin -mt -t  inscount2_mt.so --' -p freqmine -i
simlarge -c gcc-hooks -n 4

Furthermore, be aware of the fact that the option -n has no effect at build
time. It specifies the number of threads to use which is something that is
only needed by programs during runtime. To get the serial version of the
programs you have to compile them with a build configuration that does that,
such as `gcc-serial' which we provide by default.