[parsec-users] Crosscompiling PARSEC for SESC

Wed Jan 28 17:52:28 EST 2009

Saugata,

You can simply disable the affinity calls. Go to the src/ directory of the
hooks package and edit config.h. Set ENABLE_SETAFFINITY to 0. Then try it
again. :-)

I wrote the library so that the affinity calls are only enabled on Linux,
but it seems the crosscompiler doesn't handle that correctly.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Saugata
Ghose
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:45 PM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: [parsec-users] Crosscompiling PARSEC for SESC

I read a thread from earlier about crosscompiling PARSEC, but I've hit
an issue that I'm not sure about - thought I'd see if anyone had
encountered it before.  I have modified all the .bldconf files to use
a new configuration that uses the crosscompiler in place of gcc/g++/
cpp/ld.  However, when I use PARSEC to build the application, the
script fails almost immediately, on the file hooks.c.

It turns out that the PARSEC hooks reference a series of Linux
processor affinity calls (i.e. CPU_SETSIZE), which aren't available.
I'm not sure how this will work as I'm crosscompiling to a simulator,
and core counts haven't been determined yet.  Has anyone run into
this?  Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks,
-Saugata