[parsec-users] Cross Compiling Dedup for Alpha Arch using M5 Simulator

Joel Hestness hestness at cs.utexas.edu
Sun Jul 19 11:33:52 EDT 2009

Hi EF,  I encountered this in our first iteration of compiling PARSEC.  The
compiler and libc version you are using don't like the O_LARGEFILE flag used
when you open the file in encoder.c (perhaps the large file support is
standard on ALPHA?).  I can't remember if it fixed the problem, but I had
removed the flag in my current code base.  I would suggest trying that
first.  You might need to try a different version of the compiler/libc.

  Good luck,
  Joel

2009/7/19 ef <snorlaxgb at gmail.com>

> Hello,
> I have cross compiled Dedup for use in M5, however when I run the binary in
> M5 I get the following output:
>
> PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 2.0
> [Encode] /parsec/install/inputs/dedup/medias.dat file open error Not a
> directory
>
> Not sure where to even start fixing this, anyone have any clue? Any hints
> or thoughts are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> EF

 Joel Hestness
 PhD Student, Computer Architecture
 Dept. of Computer Science, University of Texas - Austin
 http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~hestness