[parsec-users] Question about a compilation error for bodytrack with TBB

Tue Jun 2 19:52:54 EDT 2009

Alin,

I usually use the TBB version that comes with PARSEC. It's part of the `libs' group with all the other libraries. It's the latest version that was available when I released PARSEC 2.0 (tbb version 2.1 I believe) and should get used automatically if you use parsecmgmt to build the suite. You can check the `version' file in the package directory to get the exact release number of the tbb library. I remember I had to modify some of the header files due to strange syntax errors to get everything to compile.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Alin Jula
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:58 PM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] Question about a compilation error for bodytrack with TBB

Hi Chris,

What TBB version have you tested bodytrack with? When I compile
bodytrack-TBB I get the following errors:

In file included
from /home/alin/Parallel-Benchmarks/parsec-2.0/./pkgs/apps/bodytrack/src/TrackingBenchmark/main.cpp:59:
/home/alin/Parallel-Benchmarks/parsec-2.0/./pkgs/apps/bodytrack/src/TrackingBenchmark/ParticleFilterTBB.h: In constructor ‘ParticleFilterTBB<T>::ParticleFilterTBB()’:
/home/alin/Parallel-Benchmarks/parsec-2.0/./pkgs/apps/bodytrack/src/TrackingBenchmark/ParticleFilterTBB.h:80: error: ‘serial’ was not declared in this scope
In file included
from /home/alin/Parallel-Benchmarks/parsec-2.0/./pkgs/apps/bodytrack/src/TrackingBenchmark/main.cpp:60:
/home/alin/Parallel-Benchmarks/parsec-2.0/./pkgs/apps/bodytrack/src/TrackingBenchmark/TrackingModelTBB.h: In constructor ‘TrackingModelTBB::TrackingModelTBB()’:
/home/alin/Parallel-Benchmarks/parsec-2.0/./pkgs/apps/bodytrack/src/TrackingBenchmark/TrackingModelTBB.h:48: error: ‘serial’ was not declared in this scope

Greping for "serial" in the src does not produce any relevant results.

Thanks,
Alin

-
Alin Jula, Ph.D.