[parsec-users] General build failure

Sat Jun 27 10:33:57 EDT 2009

Amittai,

That seems to be an incompatibility between your system header files and
your compiler. I don't see what exactly causes the error. Try playing around
with the code and hopefully you'll be able to work around it.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Amittai
Aviram
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 10:13 AM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] General build failure

Thanks, Christian!  Now PARSEC is able to build blackscholes, but I am
getting a new compilation error on bodytracker:

/usr/include/sys/types.h:153: error: duplicate 'unsigned'
/usr/include/sys/types.h:153: error: multiple types in one declaration

Now, here's what that line says in my sys/types.h:

#ifdef __USE_MISC
/* Old compatibility names for C types.  */
typedef unsigned long int ulong;
typedef unsigned short int ushort;
typedef unsigned int uint;    // <-- LINE 153
#endif

Any idea why this is signalled as an error?  Thanks!

Amittai Aviram
Graduate Student in Computer Science
Yale University
646 483 2639