[parsec-users] Fluianimate Runtime error

Tue Jun 30 17:56:24 EDT 2009

Hi Wael,

Blackscholes doesn't use an input archive because it doesn't need any input
files. Only workloads that need additional data to run have an input
archive. That is the case with fluidanimate. You can infer that from the
command line that parsecmgmt uses to start a benchmark. If any file names
show up there then there's also an input archive that contains those files.
Parsecmgmt usually does everything that is necessary automatically whenever
you run a benchmark.

Shaunak basically already explained how parsecmgmt works. I just would like
to add that parsecmgmt doesn't copy the binary of the benchmark program, it
simply changes to the run directory, unpacks any necessary input archives
and uses the full path name to the binary to start the program.

If you want to run PARSEC workloads inside a virtual machine, you must make
sure that everything that is needed is copied to the virtual machine. If you
want to use parsecmgmt, you also must make sure it's at the correct
locations. To find out more it's probably best if you go through the PARSEC
tutorial. It will explain what happens under the hood and what the directory
structure of the PARSEC distribution is. You can download the tutorial from
the PARSEC web site.