[parsec-users] Fluianimate Runtime error

Wael Kdouh waelkdouh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:54:28 EDT 2009

Chris I have a feeling it is not the input. Here is the complete output that
lead to the error:

PARSEC] Benchmarks to run:  fluidanimate

[PARSEC] [========== Running benchmark fluidanimate ==========]
[PARSEC] Deleting old run directory.
[PARSEC] Setting up run directory.
[PARSEC] Unpacking benchmark input 'simlarge'.
[PARSEC] Running 'time
/parsec-2.0/pkgs/apps/fluidanimate/inst/sparc-solaris.gcc-hooks/bin/fluidanimate
16 5 in_300K.fluid out.fluid':
[PARSEC] [---------- Beginning of output ----------]
PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 2.0
[HOOKS] PARSEC Hooks Version 1.2
Assertion failed: file, file pthreads.cpp, line 185
/parsec-2.0/bin/parsecmgmt: line 910: 28261 Abort                   (core
dumped)
/parsec-2.0/pkgs/apps/fluidanimate/inst/sparc-solaris.gcc-hooks/bin/fluidanimate
16 5 in_300K.fluid out.fluid

real 0m0.300s
user 0m0.002s
sys 0m0.009s
[PARSEC] [----------    End of output    ----------]
[PARSEC] Done.

2009/6/30 Christian Bienia <cbienia at cs.princeton.edu>

>  Hi Wael,
>

> Blackscholes doesn’t use an input archive because it doesn’t need any input
> files. Only workloads that need additional data to run have an input
> archive. That is the case with fluidanimate. You can infer that from the
> command line that parsecmgmt uses to start a benchmark. If any file names
> show up there then there’s also an input archive that contains those files.
> Parsecmgmt usually does everything that is necessary automatically whenever
> you run a benchmark.
>

> Shaunak basically already explained how parsecmgmt works. I just would like
> to add that parsecmgmt doesn’t copy the binary of the benchmark program, it
> simply changes to the run directory, unpacks any necessary input archives
> and uses the full path name to the binary to start the program.
>

> If you want to run PARSEC workloads inside a virtual machine, you must make
> sure that everything that is needed is copied to the virtual machine. If you
> want to use parsecmgmt, you also must make sure it’s at the correct
> locations. To find out more it’s probably best if you go through the PARSEC
> tutorial. It will explain what happens under the hood and what the directory
> structure of the PARSEC distribution is. You can download the tutorial from
> the PARSEC web site.
>

> Best,
>
> Chris

Sincerely yours,