[parsec-users] Compilation problem & fix

Thomas Karcher karcher at ipd.uka.de
Thu Mar 26 09:56:14 EDT 2009

Hi there,

when compiling PARSEC 2.0 for the first time on Debian lenny, I had a
small problem whose solution I'd like to share with you.

I got the following error during first time build:

==
/usr/include/sys/types.h:153: error: duplicate ‘unsigned’
/usr/include/sys/types.h:153: error: multiple types in one declaration
==

(In that particular line, there is a typedef unsigned int uint.)

I should add that I modified CC_HOME and BINUTIL_HOME to /usr because I
wanted to use the system's natural environment.

The patch attached fixed this issue.

Thomas