[parsec-users] Static Binaries

Manu Awasthi manu.awasthi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:00:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I am trying to compile static binaries for parsec 2.0 (parallel
version, mostly pthreads, except for freqmine with OpenMP). My CFLAGS
and CXX FLAGS for the respective makefiles (config/gcc.bldconf) are:

export CFLAGS="-static -static-libgcc -mcpu=v9 -mtune=v9 -O3
-funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays"
export CXXFLAGS="-static -static-libgcc -mcpu=v9 -mtune=v9 -O3
-funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fpermissive -fno-exceptions"

Although I can get all of the benchmarks to compile successfully, I am
unable to get bodytrack, facesim, raytrace, vips and x264 to compile
statically. Is there somewhere else inside the src code that I need to
change the compiler flags. Please let me know if I am missing
something.

Thanks,
Manu