[parsec-users] Static Binaries

Fri Mar 27 12:44:09 EDT 2009

Hi Manu,

The only other effort I know of is Kshitij Sudan's work for PARSEC 1.0. He
sent compile instructions to this mailing list a while ago. You have
probably already seen them, but I have nevertheless attached his
instructions to this email for everybody's convenience. Some of the programs
you have trouble with are mentioned there.

If somebody manages to get all PARSEC 2.0 programs to compile statically,
I'd appreciate if I could get a `gcc-static' build configuration that I
could include in the next release.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Manu
Awasthi
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:01 PM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: [parsec-users] Static Binaries

Hi all,
I am trying to compile static binaries for parsec 2.0 (parallel
version, mostly pthreads, except for freqmine with OpenMP). My CFLAGS
and CXX FLAGS for the respective makefiles (config/gcc.bldconf) are:

export CFLAGS="-static -static-libgcc -mcpu=v9 -mtune=v9 -O3
-funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays"
export CXXFLAGS="-static -static-libgcc -mcpu=v9 -mtune=v9 -O3
-funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fpermissive -fno-exceptions"

Although I can get all of the benchmarks to compile successfully, I am
unable to get bodytrack, facesim, raytrace, vips and x264 to compile
statically. Is there somewhere else inside the src code that I need to
change the compiler flags. Please let me know if I am missing
something.

Thanks,
Manu