[parsec-users] Compilation problem & fix

Fri Mar 27 12:45:18 EDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your patch! I'll put it up on the Wiki as soon as I'm back in Princeton.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Thomas Karcher
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:56 AM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] Compilation problem & fix

Hi there,

when compiling PARSEC 2.0 for the first time on Debian lenny, I had a small problem whose solution I'd like to share with you.

I got the following error during first time build:

==
/usr/include/sys/types.h:153: error: duplicate ‘unsigned’
/usr/include/sys/types.h:153: error: multiple types in one declaration ==

(In that particular line, there is a typedef unsigned int uint.)

I should add that I modified CC_HOME and BINUTIL_HOME to /usr because I wanted to use the system's natural environment.

The patch attached fixed this issue.

Thomas