[parsec-users] Use blackscholes.simd.c?

Tue Mar 31 13:56:08 EDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

Not all the features supported by the PARSEC workloads is accessible via the
parsecmgmt script. There's simply too much. You should study the
documentation of the packages to see what they can do. Then you can adapt
the packages for your own needs via the build and run configurations.

In the case of blackscholes, you can build the SSE version by default if you
set the environment variable "source" to "simd". A good place to do that
would be the local build configurations in the parsec/ directory of the
blackscholes package.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Thomas
Karcher
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:59 AM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] Use blackscholes.simd.c?

Hi,

I guess I don't exactly get yet how the PARSEC suite interacts with each
individual benchmark, so I have a question regarding "blackscholes": How
can I compile blackscholes.simd.c?

It's not about gcc's command line, it's about knowing which buttons in
PARSEC to turn in order to compile it within the suite. I didn't find a
trace of the SIMD version in PARSEC's config and make files.

Thanks,
Thomas