[parsec-users] Sharing data of bodytrack

Mon May 4 11:02:01 EDT 2009

Hi Dennis,

It seems you already found the most important shared data structures, the
maps are pretty big. First of all, please keep in mind that the various
parallelizations for bodytrack vary slightly. The one we use by default and
which is also described in the technical report is the pthreads version.

I'm not sure why the limit of the pipeline is set to one, if I understand
the location that you describe correctly it should be more. Can you tell me
which file and lines of code you refer to?

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Dionysus
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 6:05 AM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: [parsec-users] Sharing data of bodytrack

Hi~

I have some problems about the sharing data of bodytrack.
The technical report claims that the bodytrack has many sharing data.
I have traced the TBB code of bodytrack for couple days.
The bodytrack was divided into two filters of a pipeline,
TrackingModel and ParticleFilter.
I found only limited data sharing in the first filter TrackingModel.
In the ParticleFilter, I found that the mCamera, mEdgeMaps, and
mFGMaps are shared between task of the LogLikelihood function.

I am wondering that if there are some other share data I have not
figured out yet.
Any help about this problem would be grateful.

By the way, I am also curious about why the maximum item processed on
the fly in the pipeline is set to one.
Is there any problem if I set this value more than one?

Thanks for reading

Dennis