[parsec-users] information about some packages

Fri Nov 6 14:22:06 EST 2009

Fahimeh,

You can find the file containing a function by using the command line tool
"grep" to search for occurrences of the function name. To get the hotspots
of x264 and freqmine you can use a profiling tool like "gprof". Both tools
are standard and should be available on all Unix machines. You can consult
the man pages or various tutorials on the Internet to find out more about
the usage of these programs.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Fahimeh
Yazdanpanah
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 12:07 PM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: [parsec-users] information about some packages

Hello,

Would you please let me know the file name containing the following
functions:

1) raverseBVH_with_StandardMesh  (raytrace)
2) PARTICLE_VELOCITY_ATTRIBUTE (facesim )
3) deflate_slow  (dedup)
4) build_tree   (dedup)

And please let me know the main functions that takes most of the execution
time of x264 and freqmine.

Thanks in advance,
Fahimeh