[parsec-users] Blackscholes Output

Vivek Rane vrane at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Nov 9 18:23:33 EST 2009


Oh! Is there a place I can find "what's new" without having to  
download the new version?

blackscholes.out only has the stuff thats printed to the screen anyway  
(no values to verify output). Looks like I'll probably have to upgrade.

-- 
- Vivek


----- Message from cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU ---------
     Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:37:01 -0500
     From: Christian Bienia <cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU>
Reply-To: PARSEC Users <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
  Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Blackscholes Output
       To: 'PARSEC Users' <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>


> Hold on, I think you're using an older version of PARSEC. Version 2.1 of the
> suite has added input & output files for blackscholes. Older versions should
> still write the results to the console, which means it should be in the
> benchmark.out file.
>
> - Chris
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vivek Rane [mailto:vrane at seas.upenn.edu]
> Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 5:25 PM
> To: PARSEC Users; Christian Bienia
> Cc: 'PARSEC Users'
> Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Blackscholes Output
>
> I haven't changed its location. The only thing in the blackscholes/run
> directory is benchmark.out. Maybe I can step through the code and
> check - please could you point me to the module that writes the output
> for gcc-pthreads?
>
> --
> - Vivek
>
>
> ----- Message from cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU ---------
>      Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:08:01 -0500
>      From: Christian Bienia <cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU>
> Reply-To: PARSEC Users <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
>   Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Blackscholes Output
>        To: 'PARSEC Users' <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
>
>
>> It's in the run directory. If you haven't changed its location then you
> can
>> find it in the package directory of blackscholes by default.
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
>> [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Vivek
> Rane
>> Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 4:46 PM
>> To: PARSEC Users; Christian Bienia
>> Cc: 'PARSEC Users'
>> Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Blackscholes Output
>>
>> I couldn't find prices.txt anywhere in the parsec folder. Is there an
>> option that enables/disables the writing of the file from
>> blackscholes? I have tried looking for it after running single as well
>> as multithreaded (pthread) versions.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> --
>> - Vivek
>>
>>
>> ----- Message from cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU ---------
>>      Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:17:04 -0500
>>      From: Christian Bienia <cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU>
>> Reply-To: PARSEC Users <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
>>   Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Blackscholes Output
>>        To: 'PARSEC Users' <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
>>
>>
>>> Hi Vivek,
>>>
>>> It's in the file `prices.txt'.
>>>
>>> - Chris
>>>
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
>>> [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Vivek
>> Rane
>>> Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 11:59 AM
>>> To: 'PARSEC Users'
>>> Subject: [parsec-users] Blackscholes Output
>>>
>>> Where can I find the output for blackscholes? I know floating point
>>> values can vary slightly, but I'm always executing on the same
>>> processor natively as well as simulated so I need to compare the
>>> results. Blackscholes.out doesn't seem to have any computed values,
>>> and I couldn't find a switch to enable output either.
>>>
>>> --
>>> - Vivek
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> parsec-users mailing list
>>> parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
>>> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/parsec-users
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> parsec-users mailing list
>>> parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
>>> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/parsec-users
>>>
>>
>>
>> ----- End message from cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU -----
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> parsec-users mailing list
>> parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
>> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/parsec-users
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> parsec-users mailing list
>> parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
>> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/parsec-users
>>
>
>
> ----- End message from cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU -----
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> parsec-users mailing list
> parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/parsec-users
>


----- End message from cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU -----




More information about the parsec-users mailing list