[parsec-users] Building statically linked executables

Fri Oct 16 12:06:03 EDT 2009

Then you should be fine. Just be aware that static linking isn't the silver
bullet for binary portability that it used to be anymore.

From: Vivek Rane [mailto:vrane at seas.upenn.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 12:04 PM
To: PARSEC Users; Christian Bienia
Cc: 'PARSEC Users'
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Building statically linked executables

The static linking is more due to the requirements of the simulator
than for want of speed. We're building and running the binary on our
cluster and therefore have a guarantee that the glibc versions will
match up. Do you forsee any problems despite a controlled environment?

--
- Vivek

----- Message from cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU ---------