[parsec-users] question about multithreaded canneal

Nairan Zhang nairan.wisc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 23:23:53 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Currently I am trying to run canneal in multithreaded version. When I set
the number of threads is 8 or some other number like 9, 10 (btw, I did not
test a number less than 8), it does not work fine and sometimes stop after
thousand of temperature steps. Sometimes it can exit normally, as well
sometimes not.

I downloaded tarball and did not change anything. What I put input is:
make version=pthreads
then, ./canneal 8 15000 2000 ../inputs/2500000.nets

Anybody got the same problem as my case? Thanks,

Nairan