[parsec-users] RayTrace nodisplay

Tue Apr 6 13:43:33 EDT 2010

Hi Paul,

There is currently no mechanism to write the images generated by raytrace to
disk. And what exactly do you mean by realtime graphics dependency? Are you
referring to a library (OpenGL or glut) or are you referring to the intended
use of the raytrace program for realtime visualizations of 3D scenes?

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Keir
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 8:05 AM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] RayTrace nodisplay

Hello again,

First of all, is it possible to use raytrace with -nodisplay, yet obtain an
image output file(s)?

Secondly, I'd like to remove the realtime graphics dependency within
raytrace. Is this straightforward? Is there a clear separation in the
modules? I tried step-debugging within MSVC++, but couldn't step into
renderTile_With_StandardMesh; called from Context::renderFrame; using a
debug MSVC++ project setting. Both appear to be defined in render.cxx; do I
need to set something else explicitly to build as debug?

Paul