[parsec-users] Time to Completion

Tue Apr 6 14:35:36 EDT 2010

Christoforos,

It does seem something is not going well. Could you let us know where
exactly the simulation gets stuck?

There are a number of things that could have gone wrong:

.         The programs did finish (in one way or another) but Simics did not
recognize this. This could be if you simulate until a magic break point is
reached but the program crashed or something else happened. In other words,
you continue to simulate an idle system.

.         It might be that you've hit the deadlock that was reported for
ferret. It can occur at the end of the Region-of-Interest. Chris Fensch
developed a patch for that, you can download it from the PARSEC wiki.

There are also other things that might have gone wrong, it's impossible to
tell anything for sure without knowing the details. Please check the output
of the simulation.

- Chris